Preparation Method :
- Whisk the curds with water keep aside.
- Mix together the gram flour, curds, green chilli-ginger paste, turmeric powder, asafoetida and salt with 1 cup of water and make a smooth paste.
- Transfer into a non-stick pan and heat on a low flame, stirring constantly so that lumps do not form.
- Keep stirring till the batter becomes thick, till it is cooked. This will take about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Grease approximately 10 inch wider plate with the spoon of oil and spread a spoonful of the batter evenly using a spatula
- When you have finished spreading the batter, roll up carefully like a Swiss roll. Repeat the same with the remaining batter.
- Cut 1 inch pieces out of each big roll to get bite-sized khandvis. Place these on a serving dish.
- For the tempering, just before serving heat the remaining oil in a small non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, curry leaves and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Pour the tempering over the khandvis.
- Garnish with grated coconut, coriander leaves and serve immediately.
PRAWN KEBABS USING SESAME
Calories: 250 kcal
Fiber: 2.0 g
Protein: 1.7 g
Carbohydrates: 4.5 g
Cholesterol: 50 mg
Sodium: 175 mg
Fat: 3.0 g
- 100 grams Bengal gram flour
- 100 ml fresh curds
- 1 teaspoon green chilli-ginger paste
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- A pinch asafoetida
- Salt to taste
For The Tempering
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon asafoetida
- 3 to 4 curry leaves
- 4 dry red chillies
- 2 tablespoons IDHAYAM sesame oil
For The Garnish
- 2 tablespoons grated coconut
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
our CULINARY expert